Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Another Gift in the Mail

This absolutely gorgeous gift arrived yesterday from my dear friend (of 40 years), Jo, who dyed this amazing silk scarf using found plant dyes she has gathered herself (I'm yet to discover what!).
The dark charchoal flower and leaf design has been dyed over a background of a soft mushroom shade.
Jo exhibits her work at a gallery in Nelson, New Zealand, where she lives.
Her label is "Water Marks" - eco dyeing. Jo was also instrumental in bringing India Flint from Australia to Nelson to run eco dyeing workshops. India's Blog is www.not all those who wander are lost.blogspot.com.
Your beautiful work is so appreciated Jo and I will think of you when I am wearing it.
















w
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

  1. Amazing, amazing scarf. It will be such a pleasure to wear this wonderful gift.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous Suzi, how lucky are you. I love the earthyness of it, and it's texture. The enlarged photo shows the texture well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Judy - yes what a wonderful gift - she is a very clever girl indeed!
    Hello Linda - thanks for dropping by - the scarf is just beautiful! and so is your work - your lovely quilts and especially your journal cover - congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your comment on my blog - couldn't find an email address for you. Your work is beautiful - I shall be following!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for stopping here to say hello and to see what I have been creating. I really treasure each and everyone of you for your comments. It is so appreciated....Suzy

Related Posts with Thumbnails