Sunday, March 16, 2014

Vintage Jewellery Gifts

You may remember me mentioning
that I recently had a
birthday and I would share some gifts
from some incredibly
talented
bloggy friends!!!




Firstly came this most beautiful parcel full of these 
treasures from Marie (Lost Bird Studio)


an altered little box with the prettiest Paper Whimsy image


containing this amazing 3 dimensional soldered pendent 


with metal buttons, and a tiny pair of scissors -
a most essential item for anyone like myself
creating with fabric, laces and fibres.


 Now isn't this so beautiful? Yes "Truth" and truly
such a beautiful collage within an altered vintage
photo frame!
The talent of Marie is extraordinary!
She knows also how much I love these cabinet cards too


as well as serviettes for altering in my journal work.
Thank you so so much Marie - I feel blessed to
have you in my life!


This delightful little keepsake bag from vintage crushed velvet
and lace


contained one of the most beautiful soldered pendants


I have ever set my eyes upon.  This was designed and created
 by the talented hands of Terri (Artful Affirmations).
Terri I think was wanting to create one of these
pendants for me and asked me to send
just a few favorite images that I loved
and
this is the one she chose!




She has the most amazing touch and you can see all the
feeling she has poured into this exquisite piece.
How could one not feel inspired by this
beautiful piece of art?


 Each beautiful vintage pearl and glass bead has been 
individually wrapped



 and


 dangling from the soldered image on chains
are some very special messages in the
form of beads, words, stones, medal and buttons.



I can only imagine the hours Terri has spent
 bringing this tailor made piece of art
together

and I can't tell you just how very fortunate I am
to be the receiver of this piece.



Now I have to tell you that Terri has an on-line class
in teaching this method of creating an intuitive
piece of soldered art and you can find all 
the details if you click on her link
above.


The beautiful copper closure is so unique
and, of course,
once again it carries another signature
of mine - the sewing machine
which everyone knows
is almost part of
my anatomy!!!



And too, in the parcel was an assortment of
fabrics (not seen by my eyes before)


containing a few music, script and bird patterns.
Now if  that is not spoiling you - I don't know
what is!!!

From my heart, dear friend, I feel full of
gratitude for your kindness.
I often wear this pendant now when out and about
and am so often asked wherever did I buy
such a gorgeous piece of jewellery???

Not a day goes by when I don't feel blessed to have met
and connected with some beautiful friends
in blogland!
I also very much appreciate the inspiring comments
you all leave when visiting me here.
Thank you so very much
and
have a sun-filled day wherever you are!

Love and hugs,
Suzy




24 comments:

  1. Dear Suzy,
    Happy belated birthday. What beautiful gifts you have received from two very talented and kind ladies. Such heartfelt gifts must surely speak to the point that you are a good and deserving friend.
    JOY to you,
    Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  2. What wonderful gifts. Every picture is just full of inspiration and beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, you are one lucky girl indeed. Those are such talented ladies and tailored the gifts perfectly to you. Thank you for sharing all the little details. It was a gift to read this post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What dear friends to gift you with all these beautiful creations! Once a friend is made via blogging, it is as if they can read our minds, share our desires. Your friends have done just that. You are blessed.

    Happy Belated Birthday!! xo Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Suzy,
    what a stunning piece, dear Terri have created for you,- it is so amazing , and such a work of art, - and you dear friend so deserves those wonderful gifts.
    Terri is a fantastic artist, and her jewelry so special and beautiful.
    Congratulations with this exeptional present, dearest friend.
    Sending sunday hugs and much love.
    Your Dorthe

    ReplyDelete
  6. what very special and GORGEOUS gifts Suzy!!! The details and love these ladies put into your gifts is exceptional. And yes, Terri's pendants are just amazing!! Thanks for sharing:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. happy late bday........enjoy all your yummies xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy belated birthday dear Suzy!! Hope you had a wonderful time with your loved ones. The packages you received are so beautiful! Both pendants are so gorgeous and the collage too.
    Wishing you a happy week and sending big hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. 'Hope your day was special.
    I love your blog and photos!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. All the gifts are fantastic, dearest Suzy. You must have been thrilled when you unwrapped all those beauties. Enjoy, sweetie!
    Have a wonderful and creative week.
    Big hugs and love,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such beautiful gifts to treasure, always. Glad your Birthday was marked with such lovely celebration.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such beautiful, thoughtful gifts! Happy Belated Birthday! xo Jen

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my, sweet Suzy, what beautiful gifts of well-meaning friends you received...
    I missed your birthday and I am sad about it, you are such a generous and heartfelt person and you deserve having all the luck in the world! Which I wish to you as a belated birthday greeting.
    You make people want to gift you with something as you yourself spread so much friendlyness and generosity. I too, am happy to have found you in blogland, as an inspirational source in crafting as well as in a spiritual sense.
    I wish you all the best!
    Hugs from
    Manu

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy belated birthday Suzy! Beautiful gifts from some talented and creative artists!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your gifts are true treasures from treasured friends. Each item is so lovely and creative and special. The world is a mirror...we get what we give...and you dear are so generous and giving it is easy to see how you would be gifted with such lovelies. Birthday Blessings all year long...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Me encanta tu blog Suzy, siempre lo sigo y me gusta mucho todo lo que veo, tienes una creatividad a prueba de todo.
    Saludos desde Chile.
    Maru

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Suzy, you are so blessed to have so many wonderful friends. I'm just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris

    ReplyDelete
  18. I hope your birthday was wonderful and filled with all the joy you send out to others.
    What amazing creations by talented friends!
    hugs, girl, you deserve the happiest of days!
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi, Suzi. Now that's quite a birthday. And one can count on seeing sumptuous work on your blog. Loved seeing your beautiful garden as well.
    best, nadia

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wonderful birthday gifts :)
    I hope you had a wonderful day. I wish you all the best.
    Hugs Alexandra

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm thinking you are most deserving of all the wonderful things your friends have created for you. They know you well and appreciate how special you are!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Happy Belated Birthday dear Suzy! You received some beautiful gifts from wonderful friends. Hope you have a great week.

    Hugs,
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  23. Happy Belated Birthday from me as well - I do hope it was a magical, happy day for you!
    Your gifts are just beyond words - you will have such fun creating wonderful things with your new treasures - and those fabrics are swoon-worthy! I haven't seen any of them myself but will definitely be on the look-out!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh Suzy! Beautiful gifts from Marie! I love her soldered piece...all those wonderful buttons and the scissors too! She is so talented, all her collages are gorgeous!

    I am so glad you love what I sent you...much much love comes along too.
    I have been so blessed by your dear friendship! I appreciate you!
    Love and hugs,
    Terri

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for stopping here to say hello and to see what I have been creating. I really treasure each and everyone of you for your comments. It is so appreciated....Suzy

Related Posts with Thumbnails